Monday, January 11, 2010

Off to a sluggish start....

Bleh. Terrible, TERRIBLE sleep last night. Bad dreams...tossing and turning...worrying I was squishing baby and that every time she kicked it meant, 'I'm suffocating in here, mommy!' It really didn't get me off to a good start this morning. AND it is raining buckets outside, which the forecast has said will last all week. I guess this is a week for some major writing.

I got off to a slow start last week (1500 words), but I was happy to have at least accomplished something. I calculated that if I can eke out a good 1500 words a day, I will have the rough draft of my novel written in eight weeks. It is more than possible and makes an entire book seem less scary when broken up it bits and daily goals.

So, the writing board!

3 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

When are you due, I can't remember? Don't worry, you won't squish the baby, promise. They are more resilient than you think. Glad to see you around, and yay for writing!

Jamie D. said...

Sorry 'bout the nightmares...bummer there. :-(

But hey, you got started with the writing! Keep it up...but don't burn out (ie, if you need to lower your word count goal to start, don't feel bad about it). No rush. :-)

Wishing you many words...

Lisa Guill said...

Lady Glamis - I'm due mid-April, so about thirteen weeks to go! It is so good to hear from you again:)
Hopefully I'll see more of you around the blogosphere!

Jamie D. - I'll definitely try to not burn out....I think as long as I take breaks during the day to do other stuff, like housework or going for walks, I'll keep the creative juices flowing. It feels good to achieve a goal. Yesterday I penned 1600 words and I was ecstatic after. Now on to the next 1500 words or so....