Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Three Weeks To Go!

You'll have to excuse my absence lately, I've been a bit overwhelmed with my impending layoff. Ok, and lazy. Definitely lazy. An unfortunate character flaw I've discovered about myself is that when I get stressed or nervous, I tend to shut off my brain and, therefore, accomplish very little. So much for the 'zen state' I had achieved. Maybe I can blame this abrupt change in temperament on my pregnancy hormones. My husband has been keeping his distance -- and so he should ;)

As nervous as I am about being unemployed (effective Oct. 24th, unless the new equipment is stolen by pirates, which I think would be extremely fitting at this point, since we've already been delayed a month due to losing the equipment somewhere between Ontario and British Columbia), I look forward to setting my own schedule and getting my creative butt in gear. Fall seems like the perfect time to settle in, drink a nice hot cup of steamed milk (but oh, how I crave a latte!) and focus on a project. Besides getting the rough draft of my novel finished, I also want to get a little more serious about this blog. You know, maybe post at least TWICE a week, minimum.

To kick things off, I've been re-reading one of my favourite series, the fabulous 'Harry Potter,' complete with magic, humour, and my favourite wizard, Dumbledore. Few stories have had the ability to completely suck me in, making dinner time, coffee with friends, and even snuggles with hubby seem like torture as I try not to think of Harry, Ron and Hermoine, and how I would rather be spending time with them. Pathetic? I say no. I actually applaud J.K. Rowling for writing such an imaginative piece of work. I can only strive to do the same.

Books are so awesome. I only hope my children love them as much as I do :)

1 comment:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

So exciting that you're into Harry Potter so much. It always does that to me, too, no matter how many times I read them!

I hope to see you around more often. I often shut off when I get stressed, too. I like to hide under rocks a lot. Blogging has helped come out more.