Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Change...at last.

It has been a good month and a half since my last post, the one where I bemoaned my current living situation and announced my serious intent to find another home. Well...we did! After two weeks of intense apartment/house hunting, we found a place more suitable and have moved all of our stuff (lots and lots and lots of STUFF) in. Now I have the wonderful task of finding a place for everything. I guess I have been slacking because we have been moved in for four three days now and I still don't know where any of my pants are (thank goodness for hubby's old sweats that I found on top of a box of CD's), but I've been extra tired lately and the baby has decided to work on her audition for the role of banshee.

Regardless of the current chaos, I am very happy to have a place that is warm, carpeted, bug free (as much as any place can be), large enough to fit our incredible amount of stuff, and.....HAS A DISHWASHER!!! Though, the dishwasher isn't working right now. Hehe. Anyway, I am content.

I plan to give myself this week to clean the place up and get settled and then next week it is on to something I have neglected for far too long: writing.

Speaking of which, I am pleased to announce that I entered the Surrey International Writing Contest again this year and made it to the shortlist. My piece was a non-fiction short story, and though I did not win (sigh), I did manage to make it to the top nine out of 300 entries. I may post the story sometime this week.

Now...to clean :)

4 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Congrats!!! On both the new place and making the shortlist! :)

Lisa Guill said...

Thanks Michelle! The new place was an answer to prayer. It is so much better than the little hole we used to live in :)

Anonymous said...

POST THE STORY!!

Chelsea

Lisa Guill said...

Haha, ok!