Saturday, April 9, 2011

A finished project: my husband's first demo CD!

You may have noticed that my blogs have been few and far between. I will admit that keeping up to date here in the blogosphere has not been one of my top priorities. I do still want to share with you all the happenings in my life and the latest big news is the finished CD project my husband has produced.

I don't know if any of you remember a few blogs back when I mentioned that my husband is a singer/songwriter and that we were taking a leap of faith by making a CD of his original songs. The project was started last September and the finished product was finally in his hands at the end of February. I am very proud of his work and would like to include some links so that any of you who are interested can see his awesomeness for yourselves. His musical style varies (which I see as a plus because it appeals to a broad audience) from blues to country to pop to folk. He hired a bassist and drummer to help out with a few of the songs, the rest are acoustic, and all of the guitar and vocal parts were done by him in the studio through layered tracks. If anyone really likes his music, we are selling CD's (they come in an eco-friendly sleeve) for $10 plus shipping.

His music page is www.myspace.com/jasonguill

He also has a couple videos on YouTube. One of his favourites, which is set to a montage of pictures can be found here:

Though my life has been incredibly busy over the last year, I still hope to finish my own project (my novel) and feel that incredible sense of accomplishment that comes with the seeing the realization of a dream come true!

5 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Thank you for sharing this! Is his work on iTunes? I really like his voice. I'll have to check out the CD and possibly get a copy. I'm always looking for fantastic new music!

I'm really happy you still post here once in awhile, and I can't wait to see you fulfill the novel dream. Keep us posted!

Lisa Guill said...

Hi Michelle!

I don't think he has put his songs on iTunes yet, but I will encourage him to do so. I believe he has updated his MySpace page with the completed (CD) versions of most of his songs. I will pass the compliment on to him :)

If you decide you would like a CD, I can check out shipping prices for you. I don't think it would be much.

I am so glad to see that you are doing so well with your writing career! I really loved 'Cinders' and I look forward to reading 'Monarch' when it is available. You are an inspiration!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Lisa, you are so sweet! I'm glad you loved Cinders. Can't wait for you to red Monarch. I hope your writing is going well, too. :)

sensual elle said...

Hi! This is a visit from elle on Authonomy.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

‘philanthropic + epiphany’ (=so much to give + vision):
~let these two words be the start of thy journey~

I looove RITErs;
I looove giving'm opportunities
for thots/ideas/structural integrity,
taking'm in a completely-new-direction:

Why else does a moth fly FROM the night
than to a bold, attractive candle Light??
Don’t let His extravagant Brilliance be extinguished.
You’re creative, yes?
Then, fly-away with U.S. to the antidote…

Whether you obtain morality4mortality to wiseabove
or just glean tantalizing specimens for thy next best seller,
you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile!
I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no zooillogical-expiration-date?
An IQ much higher than K2 all-go-rhythm?
An anti-establishment, savvy victory +
avant-guarde-humility =
you’re promptly astonished, ain’tcha?
withe extraordinarily explosion of maelstrom mellowdramatic??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with a most-excellent-detector of bull§ht):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love –
jump into faith…
and you’ll VitSee with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a super-passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big-Zaftig-House.

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-our Lord Jesus to Saint Gertrude