Thursday, July 22, 2010

Still kicking around....

I am truly horrible at blogging. Part of me thinks that I should just put my blog on hold and wait until I've finished my novel before starting up again. It has been tempting. I can't make myself do that, though, because I don't want to lose touch with everyone I have met here, and I am also really stubborn.

So...I will try and keep the postings coming.

Today I am in a rather melancholy mood. I just finished reading Stephen King's 'Under the Dome,' and as it happens with any other exciting read, I am experiencing the withdrawals of finishing a really good book. I also am not sure what to think, because although I loved his newest novel, I also found the end to go in a direction I wasn't extremely fond of. I found myself wanting to hold my daughter close and never let her go after I read the last page. Great novel, just very dark. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll leave it at that.

As for my own writing, I'm still plugging away, every so slowly. I have decided to enter the SIWC writing contest again this year, though this time I plan to write a non-fiction entry, a first for me. My husband is the inspiration for this piece. His experiences growing up in his family are so beyond anything I have heard before that I decided they should be captured in writing. This should be fun!

Well, I hope all of you are enjoying your summer so far :)

2 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I've heard that book is just great! It's so long, but I'll get my hands on it and read it sometime, for sure!

My summer is going great. Not sure if you knew, but my novella, Cinders, will be out in a few weeks. That has been the highlight of my summer!

Hope things are going well with you and your daughter. :)

Lisa Guill said...

Michelle, I'm so excited for you with the release of your novella. Very awesome. I'm trying to stay updated on Facebook as you post, and I can't wait to read it!

Things with my daughter are wonderful. She is at a really fun age, and I love seeing her start to notice the world around her and express her delight. Being a mother is a lot of fun :)